Focusing in the Dark: A Quick Tip
Focusing in the Dark
Whether it be a rangefinder or an SLR here is a tip:
- Bring a torch, or use your flash on your camera phone.
- Get someone to stand in line with where you want to focus on.
- Have them shine the light at you.
- TURN OFF AUTO FOCUS, which you shouldn’t have on anyway, naughty naughty!
- focus on the light.
- If you use a rangefinder it is easier as you just make the two lights come together as one.
- If you really want to play it safe, stay higher than f16 to assist in focusing (i.e. f32).
Obvious really, but I didn’t realise until I was told, so now you know too. What are you doing out in the dark anyway?
DanExplore posts in the same categories: Shooting Tips comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.